Friday, June 18, 2010

Blueberry-Yogurt Smoothie

I've been really out of touch lately!! Like I said in a previous post I'm working full time, always around food so I get food from work and don't really cook anymore. Or when I do it's something quick like spagehtti and tomato sauce or rice and sunflower seeds. The other day I got home at 8 and had a bowl of cereal for diner. tst tst...
Anyway so this morning I was able to sleep in a bit, so after waking up so rested I felt like a nice cold liquid breakfast.



Well, I'm having toasts on the side as well but that's not what this post is about...even though they're real good toasts with my homemade bread and Nutella, my favorite spread E-V-E-R!!
Ok moving on...
For one smoothie:

Throw in a blender, or a magic bullet if you have one that works...:

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana(or a whole one if it's a small banana)
Cover with orange juice
1/2 cup plain yogurt(i like Activia because it's creamy and a bit sweeter than most plain yogurts I've tried, and the commercials are true...it will do wonders for your digestive system!!)
2 TBSP ground flax seed(for omega-3's and protein)

Blend, blend, blend...
Pour in your favorite glass and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My that looks and sounds so good! What a wonderful drink to start the morning off with! So glad I found you at Foodierama! :)

    ReplyDelete